Yongnuo 14mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Lens for Canon with Autofocus!
The 14mm f/2.8 fisheye lens for Canon by Yongnuo is a game changer! Offering an impressive ultra wide-angle field of view, the Canon EF-mount YN 14mm f/2.8 from Yongnuo is a versatile prime well-suited for landscape, nature, and interior photography. The broad 114° field of view offers a creative perspective for working in both wide open spaces and tight interiors. Benefitting the ultra wide design is an advanced optical design, which makes use of ultra-low dispersion, aspherical, anomalous partial dispersion, and ultra-high refractive index glass to sufficiently control chromatic and spherical aberrations for high clarity and sharpness. A multi-coating has also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality. A DC motor affords quick and accurate autofocus performance and a switch lets you quickly change from AF and MF focusing methods. Additionally, a micro-USB port is located on the barrel of the lens to permit installing firmware updates for the lens.
- Ultra wide-angle 14mm prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 22.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions, benefits astrophotography applications, and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- One ultra-low dispersion aspherical element and one anomalous partial dispersion element noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and accurate color rendering.
- Two aspherical elements, including the UD aspherical element, and an ultra-high refractive index element help to minimize distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate subject rendering.
- Individual glass elements are multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
- A DC motor is used for quick and accurate autofocus performance, and a dedicated switch lets you quickly change from AF to MF control. A focus distance scale is also featured to aid with pre-focusing techniques.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body, and gold-plated contacts help to ensure consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- A micro-USB port is located on the barrel of the lens to allow for updating the lens’s firmware.
114° Ultra-wide Angle
The diagonal angle of view is about 114°. For YN 14mm F2.8 helps to collect the vast landscape and giant structures, it’s easier to show a grand and solemn atmosphere.
High-precision,Ultra-low Dispersion and Aspherical Lens
It carries two high-precision aspherical glass lenses, one of which adopts ultra-low dispersion lens, which effectively compensates various optical aberration, minimizes chromatic aberrations, and provides excellent sharpness and color correction.
¨ Precision-machined Abnormal Dispersion Lens
YN14mm 2.8 adopts 1pcs of abnormal dispersion lens, which helps to better control the dispersion problem from super-wide angle and large aperture, and, helps to improve second order spectrum.
¨ Glass Optical Lens, Multilayer Coating
It adopts glass optical lens and multilayer coating technology to effectively increase light transmittance and minimize backlight ghost image and glare.
¨ Firmware Upgrade
YN14mm F2.8 is equipped with USB port. The users can download the latest firmware from the official YONGNUO website and update the lens to keep the best compatibility and performance.
¨ F2.8 Large Aperture
With F2.8 bright and large aperture, background blurred, subject highlighted.
¨ Focus Modes: Auto Focus (AF) and Manual Focus (MF)
YN14mm F2.8 supports auto focus and manual focus. The focus mode can be selected according to practical requirement.
7 pieces of Aperture Blades
YN14mm F2.8 has 7 pieces of aperture blades, which helps to take picture of circular defocused spots and helps to reduce the aperture and take picture of 14-star effect.
¨ Durable Metal Mount
YN14mm F2.8 adopts chrome-plated and high-accuracy metal mount. It’s wearable, corrosion-resistant, and highly consistent with the camera.
¨ Focus Distance Indicator
YN14mm F2.8 is equipped with focus distance indicator. It’s convenient for you to judge the distance and the depth of field.
¨ Gold-plating Technology
The metal contacts adopts gold-plating technology,which brings the advantages of excellent signal transduction ,perfect image quality and new performance breakthroughs.
|Lens Structure||9 groups 12pcs|
|Minimum Focus Distance||Approx 0.2m|
|Maximum Amplification Factor||Approx 0.15x|
|Drive System||DC Motor|
|Maximum Diameter and Length||Approx Φ86×105mm|
nLens length is the distance between the mounting surface and the front end of the lens.
nExcept for special instructions, the measure and weight are only suitable for lens.
nThe aperture settings can be controlled by camera.
MTF Curve Graph
The above data are acquired based on the test conditions of YONGNUO company. Further notice will not be given if the design and specification change.
Driver & Software:
for Windows http://yongnuoebay.com/gw/YNLens_Updater_Install_V1.00.zip
for Mac http://yongnuoebay.com/gw/YnFMToolForMacOS.zip